Saturday, July 14, 2007

7/14/07 The Untold Story: Awaiting DNA, Part XI

Please see this post for an explanation and introduction before reading:
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2007/06/62107-untold-story-awaiting-dna.html

Part XI: (*Names and places have been changed)

Wednesday, July 6th:

Thanks to the “lift” I received, I was able to get through another day at work. At 4pm, my cell phone rang. It was Carl Roberts. He said he had the DNA test results. If he said he wanted to come over to the house, I would already know the answer. He did not and said the test was negative.

It is hard to pin down those feelings that washed over me at that point. I was so relieved. I wanted to jump out of my chair, but I knew I had to be low-key. We talked about what would happen if there was a next time in regards to the timeframe. He said they would always bring the Doe’s DNA sample here, and as ours is now done, it should be days for the results. I hope it never happens again, but it was good to know that we would never have to go through such a long wait in the dark again.

Two and a half weeks is not a very long time in the scheme of things, but when the wait is to uncover the identity of someone who may be your dead child, it was an eternity. I will not be able to forget John Doe. Who is he? Does his family miss him like we miss Jason? Is anyone looking for him? I hope that someday I would spot a missing person’s photo which matches his, and that his family would have him back, just so that they wouldn’t have the waiting. I could now very easily imagine their anguish upon hearing about his fate, and I still prayed that he did not suffer much.

After the call, I had to get up and walk away. All of the pain, fears, and anxieties of the past 2 ½ weeks welled up inside me and spilled over. This was now over, and I had to switch gears back to the same waiting we had been doing for three years. It took some time to sink in, however, and the pain was still under the surface, making it difficult to speak of with others. I think it’s going to take some time to be able to talk about it, but we will, because to keep this inside would not potentially benefit anyone, or stir them to take action when it comes to all ages having ID kits. I don’t know exactly how we are going to use this story, and I know that it will come to me. Others will help, too, as they will have the perspective of an “outsider”.

God has and will continue to show the way.

End of original diary

What's Next: The aftermath.

To be continued...............................

Go to Part XII:
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2007/07/71707-untold-story-awaiting-dna-part.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.