Thursday, July 12, 2007

7/12/07 The Untold Story: Awaiting DNA, Part X

Please see this post for an explanation and introduction before reading:
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2007/06/62107-untold-story-awaiting-dna.html

Just as a reminder, a dramatized version of the diary was recorded using volunteer voice talents. If you’d like to listen to the diary only before reading the end of the series on the blog, here are the links to the audio files.

There are two parts:

http://www.projectjason.org/audio/AwaitingDNAPart1.mp3
http://www.projectjason.org/audio/AwaitingDNAPart2.mp3

Part X: (*Names and places have been changed)

Tuesday, July 5th:

I was having trouble at work with my emotions again. The waiting was really wearing on me and spilling over into the physical realm, which was certainly not surprising. I had told my boss and asked him to hold it in the strictest confidence, and only because I was afraid I might suddenly have to leave, either due to getting that results phone call, or because I had to have a good cry. One of my peers knew something was wrong, but I could not burden her because of her own problems, such as her mother’s terminal illness for one.

That afternoon, I became physically ill, and I thought I was going to vomit. The waiting was taking its toll. I was also having doubts again about my feelings in regards to John Doe’s identity. I was thinking about his death again.

That same day, Jim was asking his boss for the last two weeks of July off, as he truly thought we would be attending Jason’s funeral. He could not even finish asking his boss about the time off request. He could not talk about it. The pain was just too great.

I was very close to walking out that day, but waited it out, and ate some chicken noodle soup. (Ah, the old king of the comfort foods) I felt better and was able to get through the day.

Oddly enough, that evening, I suddenly felt “lifted”. That is the only way I can describe it. I felt very strong again, and that I would be able to make it through the next week or two, no matter how long it took. It came to me that the prayers for me had been answered in my renewed strength.

To be continued........................

Go to Part XI:
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2007/07/71407-untold-story-awaiting-dna-part-xi.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.