Saturday, December 17, 2005

12/17/05 Sundays of Hope and Miracle of the 13th

Lorne Boulet, Jr. is this week's Sundays of Hope campaign missing person. Please pray for Lorne and his family this week. (Lorne was found deceased.)

Lorne's story was originally featured here: http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2005/09/9605-ecstasy-and-agony.html

As told in the story, his Aunt Louise continues to work tirelessly to keep Lorne's face in the public eye as a means to find him. As we know, it is very difficult to gain media attention for missing adult males, and it seems to be even more difficult to get attention for the mentally ill missing. Louise has never been able to get media interest from outside their local area.

Louise had a mini miracle the other day. Out of the blue, she received a call from a Boston Globe reporter. He told her he had run across Lorne's story on the Internet and wanted to include him in with a story about a Boston area missing man who also is mentally ill. Louise could hardly contain her excitement about getting Lorne's story in a larger scale print media. (The story could run any day now. When it does, I will post the link here.)

The reporter did an interview with me after speaking with Louise. I was thrilled to hear that she had been interviewed. I was on my lunch break at work and had just completed a local TV station interview when I received word about this. It was December 13th, which marked 4 1/2 years since Jason disappeared.

I did not realize until last night that I did get my Miracle of the 13th this month after all. As Paul Harvey says: "Now you know the rest of the story." I called Louise to talk about the interview and she told me something I didn't know before. The reporter had found Lorne's story on the Internet and then found Louise, but the missing piece of the story is that he had found it right here on Voice for the Missing! I was very happy that Lorne's story will get more attention. I was also happy that things had some full circle in relation to my reason for starting the blog. I had started it out of frustration at lack of media attention for missing adults, and in particular the males. After I said goodbye to Louise, it came to me that this was the Miracle of the 13th.

More about the Miracle of the 13th:
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2005/10/102505-of-angels-and-miracles.html

Louise wrote the following letter, asking for our help in another matter. Over a year ago, I wrote to the NH State Police, as did many of our peers, but still nothing has changed. Read Louise's letter for the details:

"I am writing to ask for your help.

On a number of occasions, I have written and called the telephone number to the NH State Police, found on the following website, to express my concern that my nephew, Lorne Boulet, and others missing here in NH are not listed on the State Police missing persons page of their website. I contacted the Governor last year, which lead to a phone conversation between myself and a member of the State Police. I was told that this would be looked into and that there did not seem to be any reason why Lorne shouldn't be added.

As I stated, that was a year ago and nothing has been done.

Here is the link to the site... http://www.nh.gov/safety/nhsp/mp.html

Upon visiting this site, you will notice that there are only 3 cases listed. I am very thankful for that, however, there are 19 cases that I have found. Those numbers are Unexceptable.
I have created
http://nhmissing.blogspot.com as a place to feature those that are missing from New Hampshire. It isn't much, but something to send around.

Would you please forward the site that I have created to remember those missing here in NH?
Would you also consider writing to the address on the NH State Police site listed above? Maybe ask that they add the missing or at least the blogspot link.


All of the Missing deserve the same consideration ~ To be REMEMBERED!

Many thanks for your help in this matter!

Happy Holidays!

Keeping the Faith,
Louise
Aunt of Missing NH Man, Lorne Boulet
www.findlorne.faithweb.com"

Please consider sending a letter to the NHSP, asking that all of the missing be added and the site be kept updated.

Here is Lorne's physical data:

Name: Lorne Richard Boulet Jr.
Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Alias / Nickname: LB
Date of Birth: 1980-03-27
Date Missing: 2001-07-29
From City/State: Chichester, NH
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21
Gender: Male
Race: White
Height: 70 inches
Weight: 220 pounds
Hair Color: Sandy
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Medium

Identifying Characteristics: Scar over each eyebrow, scar on middle of forehead, missing upper left front tooth, partial tribal band tattoo with a "cross" in the center on right bicep, pierced left ear.

Clothing: White long sleeved fleece pullover, black fleece pants, black sandals.

Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Lorne was last seen between 5:30pm and 6:30pm at his residence near the 40 block of Perry Brook Rd. in Chichester, NH. He left the residence to go for a walk but never returned. Lorne has a medical condition.

Investigative Agency:
Chichester Police Department
Phone: (603) 798-4911
Investigative Case #: 21-26-80

A printable poster of Lorne can be found here: http://www.projectjason.org/downloads/comehome002LorneBouletJr.pdf


Sundays of Hope is a weekly prayer campaign for the missing. The week of universal prayer for the featured person extends from Sunday-Saturday. We encourage you to get involved with your worship community, prayer group, other club or organization. Print posters from the link provided and make available to interested persons in your group. Let us know that your worship community or other group is participating by sending an email to sundaysofhope@projectjason.org

Please include the name of your church or group, the city, and the state. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.