Tuesday, December 19, 2006

12/19/06 Home for the Holidays--Jessie Foster

My daughter, Jessica Edith Louise Foster went missing in March 2006. Her sister Crystal talked to her on the 28th and when they ended their call, it was with 'talk to you tomorrow'. They were planning on going to Calgary, Alberta for their step-sister's wedding reception. We have never heard from Jessie since that call.

Jessie was home for Christmas last year. She came home from Las Vegas last November, visited us in Kamloops for a while then went to Calgary to visit her Dad-Dwight & stepmom-Tracy and all her friends. She made sure she was back by Dec. 8th for her younger sister, Katie's 19th birthday.

We had a very long visit with her, but we still did not expect it to end when it did. We had plans to go to Jessie's Grandpa Grant's house for Christmas dinner, so on Christmas Day, we got up, opened presents, and had a good morning. Then she surprised us all by saying she was leaving to go back to Las Vegas that day. None of us knew this was her plan, and we could not change her mind no matter what. So we all got in the SUV around noon, Jennee (Jessie's youngest sister), Katie, Crystal (Jessie's older sister), her stepdad-Jim and I - and drove her to the airport.

She turned around and waved goodbye, and we have never seen her beautiful face again. We did keep in touch with her until March 28th this year...and then she simply vanished off the face of the earth.

Our Christmas' when the girls were little were always quite unreal. We always had LOTS of gifts for them. Jessie was always the most excited of all the girls. She always wanted to be the first one in the living room to see the presents.

Jessie's dad and stepmom would have Jessie and Crystal out to Calgary for Christmas pretty well every other year. Tracy has 2 daughters Jodie (who just got married) & Alisha (mother of Jessie's only niece and 2 nephews), who are Jessie and Crystal's older step-sisters. I was never crazy about the Christmas' that Jessie and Crystal spent with their dad, as I loved to have all my kids with me, but that never stopped me from sending them. After all, he loves his girls just as much as I do.

I do not have 1 Christmas in mind that I would like to talk about, because Jessie loved Christmas...every year it was her favorite time of the year. I will always remember her excitement, she almost got her sisters more excited just from how she was feeling. Jessie loved all her presents. She got lots of toys and books when she was little and loved everything. She loved to give gifts too. As Jessie got older, she was always very excited about the gifts she got for her family and she was always so generous.



Jessie (far left) and her sisters before a Christmas Concert

My Mom & Dad (and now just my Dad, as my Mom passed away March 22, 1998) always had the Christmas dinners at their place, at least until my Mom started getting older, then we had the family Christmas dinners at our place. Now Dad has the dinners at his home each year. Last year, we were planning on going to Dad's for dinner, and at the last moment, Jessie told us she had to leave and go back to Las Vegas, and she never made it to our dinner. I never did like that she left on Christmas Day, and now that haunts me, as that is our anniversary of the last time we saw Jessie.

This Christmas will be a sad one for our family. For 2 reasons, it is the first Christmas we have ever had where we won't get to see or talk to Jessie, and because it is the last time we saw her. We were not going to have a Christmas, no tree, very few gifts, but my youngest daughter, Jennee wanted to have one, reminding me that Jessie would want us to. So the tree went up and the shopping started. Now we are having a Christmas. Not our usual one though.

My daughter Crystal lives in Edmonton, and she is not coming home for Christmas...she does not want to celebrate this year. My daughter Katie will be spending Christmas Eve and part of the Christmas Day with her boyfriend's family, then coming over for gift exchange. On Christmas morning, Jim and I are driving our daughter Jennee to Kelowna (about 2 hours away) to catch a plane to Edmonton to go visit Crystal until January 6th. Crystal is turning 24 on December 29th, so Jennee will also be there for that and New Years Eve & Day. We will then come home from Kelowna and go to Dad's for dinner. I have never not bought Jessie a Christmas gift, and this year I am not. I cannot bring myself to even get something small, but when her birthday came back in May, I bought her sisters each a necklace with the name JESSICA in writing.

Future Christmas' are something I have not thought about yet. As this will be hard enough to get through, and since my heart tells me we will someday get Jessie back alive, future Christmas' will then be bright and something we look forward to celebrating again.

Well, I am sure I should have written a book about Jessie and Christmas, but I cannot...so this is my letter. I hope everyone will take note of Jessie's pictures and contact information, and maybe one day, someone will recognize her and call...then we will get her back. We want Jessie back, no matter what. Good or bad news, we need to know. Jessie is such a loved person, by so many people, especially her family.

Glendene, Jessie’s Mom

Website: http://www.jessiefoster.ca/ and http://www.findjessiefoster.com/

Missing Since: March 29, 2006 from Las Vegas, Nevada
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 27, 1984
Age: 21
Height: 5'6"-5'7"
Weight: 110-130 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel
Race: White
Gender: Female

Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced right eyebrow,several ear piercings, no known scars or tattoos, straight, white teeth.

Jewelry: Ring in the shape of a triangle full of littlediamonds, with matching earrings, and a three-diamondprincess-cut ring, sometimes wears a dainty nose ring.

Nickname: "Jessie"

Case Number: 06-9384

Investigating Agency:

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact the North Las Vegas Police Department, Det. Dave Molnar, at (702) 633-1779

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jessie were going to find u

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JESSIE I LOVE YOU SOO MUCH AND MISS YOU LOTS AS WELL..
CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE, AND SEE YOU BEAUTIFUL FACE AGAIN BABY GURL.. LOVE LOTS YOUR LITTLE SISTER JENNEE<3<3<3<3<3<3
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Glendene & family,
You are so strong. I will continue to keep you & Jessie in my prayers...I can't begin to imagine how you feel but you are right, Jessie would want you to try to enjoy Christmas with your girls.
God Bless

Corpus Christi, Texas

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glendene
Words cannot express how sorry I feel about Jessie being missing. Keeping Jessie in your hearts will get you guys through Christmas. Hope you find Jessie soon. You and the family will be in my prayers and thoughts. God Bless...Debbie and Bob

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone and anyone who knows Jessie had her on their minds this christmas. I know I did.
Everytime I bought a present, I was thinking about how when we (my mom, my sister and I) still lived in Kamloops and on Christmas Eve or Boxing Day we would go and see you guys. Jessie was always the happiest to see anyone around Christmas time.
See, I was close with both Jessie and Crystal growing up. It was when I moved out of town we slowly drifted apart. But always feel welcome.
I pray everyday for some news of Jessie. We all miss you Jessie.

Hugs and kisses
Your old family friend Leanne K.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say I'm sorry to the family. I know it is hard losing a loved one. GOD BLESS YOU ALL, You are in my prayers

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.