Thursday, January 07, 2010

Home for the Holidays: Pam Biggers 1/7/2010

Pam Biggers, missing from 1/28/2008 from Panama City, FL

The holidays are upon us once again, and once again my sister, Pam, isn’t here to share in them. The lives of Pam’s family have a huge hole in them on a daily basis though the holidays are even more difficult.


Pam was always the one that took charge and planned for the family holiday dinners and events. This year would be especially full of treasured holiday moments for Pam and her husband, Don, if she were here.


This past year our family was blessed with two beautiful gifts. Their names are Braylen Cody Biggers, born to Zachary and Brittney Biggers on December 17th, 2008 and Jesse Dylan Biggers, named after Pam’s dad, Jesse Pendley, who passed away 6 months after his daughter went missing. Jesse Dylan was born to United States Marine Cpl. Jacob Biggers and his wife, Brittany on October 6th, 2009.


Each of Pam’s sons now have sons of their own. They are sunshine to our grieving hearts. They are a sweet relief from the nightmare that became a part of our life when Pam disappeared. I want so very much for them to know Pam and to know the love that she would have for them. There is nothing that would bring Pam more pleasure than to know that she is a grandmother.


I don’t want to give up the hope that Pam will be found and the hope that she could sweep those two baby boys into her arms and love them and know them and feel the joy that they bring. I desperately want that for them and I want it for Pam.


Pam is my big sister, two years older than me. I have shared holidays with her my whole life until last year. I miss her deeply. My mom, my brother, her husband, her children, her friends and family, we all miss her more than words can tell.


It is difficult to go on not knowing where Pam is or if she is safe and not knowing if Braylen and Jesse will ever know the sweet love that their Nana Pam would bring to their lives.


Written by Paula, Sister of Pam


Learn more about Pam


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.