Wednesday, March 01, 2006

3/1/06 Looking for Sarah Part I

You or anybody would think that by this time we would become accustomed to the fact that she is gone from us. But we're not. We still have dreams about her - ALL of us do - everybody in the family does. We miss her, and we miss seeing her smile, hearing her voice and having seen her turn in the woman that she surely is now."

Sarah Kinslow is age 19 now. She's grown into a young woman since her disappearance on May 1st, 2001. On her last birthday, her family made her a birthday cake, but Sarah still did not come home.

Last Christmas, the family wanted to to hang another stocking next to those of the other three Kinslow children. They clung to the hope that the gifts they bought in Christmas 2001 would be claimed by the rightful owner, the fourth child, Sarah. There were no new gifts or a stocking for Sarah. It hurts the family too much. Louise remarked: “The reminder of her absence will be bitter, but to have her gifts be the only ones left under the tree, and her stocking to be left untouched would be too harsh of a reminder of the daughter who will miss the 5th year in a row with her family, where we need her to be.” Sarah was 14 at the time of her disappearance.

The words you see at the beginning of the story were written by her mother, Louise Kinslow. These are words laced with pain and uncertainty. Where is Sarah?

On the 4th anniversary of her disappearance, Louise wrote:

"We must continue to face each and every morning wondering where she is, if she's okay, if she'll call us, if she's alive - if she's not. We must face another night of wondering if she has a place to lay her head down for a good night's sleep. The sadness is overwhelming right now. But for the grace of God, I would be dead now. But for the grace of God, I would not be able to go through another day wondering. But for the grace of God, I would be in an institution. Thank you LORD for Your strength, love, comfort. Please help me make it through today. Maybe tomorrow will be an easier day. Maybe the sadness won't be so overwhelming tomorrow. LORD, please help me live today for YOU and not for me."

There are numerous frustrations and many sightings, but still no Sarah. Stories told by the young friends varied, and no one has made a move to lessen the Kinslow's pain. Someone knows.

"I think her friends met her as planned and they possibly thought they were helping her 'escape' from somebody", Louise said. "I found a threatening note that a girl had written to her. Her friends were probably helping her to get away. I fear that she had met with danger and possibly more than she bargained for has happened to her. I pray for her. I pray for safety, for protection, for salvation."

Louise recalled the day Sarah disappeared:

"I was at my part-time job and our oldest daughter called me to tell me that a friend of Sarah's called her and said that people had been looking for Sarah all day and that she was missing. At first I didn't feel the impact because I figured that she was probably with another friend. When I got home and talked further with Jill, I felt alarmed and panicky. I called to start our church prayer chain but couldn't get the words out."

The words would come to Louise, and she would have no idea she would still have to find more words over 4 years later.

To be continued.........

Link to part II:
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2006/03/3206-looking-for-sarah-part-ii.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so sad, I have been following Sarah for awhile now and Iprey she comes home to her family!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling and I agree that, without God, there would be no tomorrow, no hope for restoration and no hope for eternity. HE gives me all this.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.