Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Try, Try, Try Again

I am sending out a press release tonight in regards to a missing young woman from a major metropolitan area.

She is Black and has medical conditions. I wonder if that will play any part in the media's responsiveness to the story? I also wonder if, when they notice she has been missing for a while, they will ignore it.

Given the uproar as of late in regards to lack of media coverage for missing minorities, will it be enough to get them to take action? That, coupled with her medical conditions, should lend some interest.

I don't place bets in my head or elsewhere when I send our press releases, but because of the media uproar, I will lean towards a positive outcome for this young woman.

This isn't a game, of course. It's a life we're talking about.

It's a young woman who is deeply missed by her mother.

I'm not going to share her details just yet in case her mother would like to feature her story here.

I hope I am not wrong about the media this time. Her family could sure use an infusion of hope.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Jolkowski said...

Hi Michelle,

I plan on calling her mother this evening. I want to see if she heard from the media at all and then talk to her about the blog. If she is not working on her daughter's submission, then I will make sure she is fine with me talking more about her on here. I'm sure she will be, but I'd rather hear it from her.

My post last night was somewhat impromptu, so details were not included. If I ever write something about a missing person without the details, I have reason to, as I know that little or sketchy information is worthless for those of you who wish to help.

Kelly

12:54 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

I'll be keeping an eye out for futher information and praying for her in the meantime!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jolkowski said...

I wasn't able to reach her mother this evening. I will try her again tomorrow. When I do speak to her, I will let her know your kind words and concern.

Kelly

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any other information you can release about this missing person?

9:41 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jolkowski said...

I am working with the mother to get her story written. I did not want to post her on here without knowing that she was comfortable with it.

You can see this young woman on the Come Home page on the Project Jason website at www.projectjason.org. She is on the latest Come Home campaign.

Thank you for caring.

Kelly

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.