Saturday, November 05, 2005

11/05/05 Tamika Laid to Rest

This morning, as I write this, Tamika Huston is being laid to rest. Her family is gathered in Washington, DC for the service. She will be burried in Fairfax Memorial Park in Fairfax, VA.

As it is an older post, some of you may not have read my original post about what Tamika meant to me and how her life inspired change.

You can also read her story from the beginning at http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=7933

My original post: http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2005/08/goodbye-tamika.html

Goodbye for now, Tamika, and thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

I feel a special bond with her, too, since I had just written about her disappearance in my news story. I was praying for her safe return every day and for strength for her family. I was devastated when I found out she'd been found murdered.

Fairfax is very close to me. Since I've corresponded with her aunt (Rebkah), I think I'll email her to see if I could find out exactly where her grave is so I can visit her. I think that would bring me a lot of peace.

God Bless,
Dawn

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.